About the Foundation
Shruti Foundation (SF) is a non-profit organization, registered under Sections 12A and 80G of the income tax act, and works towards human empowerment and sustainable development. It was envisioned and founded by a team, whose experiences of traditional knowledge, education, artistic sciences and health care deeply influenced the SF vision. It was concerned about the state of education, gender issues and health care in India and other parts of the world, which often lacked inclusiveness and holism in their perspectives. The foundation’s vision and efforts are in response to the unrest and seeking in society, to a need for empowerment through sustainable living systems and developmental paradigms. The overall purpose of Shruti Foundation is to facilitate research, education and empowerment through skills training and applications in modern and traditional systems, arts, sciences, psychological and spiritual systems for greater empowerment of individuals, communities and societies, especially women, youth and children.
The facets of SF’s action are Research, Experimentation, Education and Application of knowledge for training of aptitudes, faculties and skills for socio-economic empowerment, cultural connectivity and multi-leveled wellness. The foundation has been experimenting, documenting and disseminating traditional, cultural and scientific knowledge through a wide range of educational, cultural and health/wellness projects for facilitating global empowerment and peace, as well as providing relief to the poorer and empowering women and other disadvantaged sections of society. This empowers the underprivileged, women and youth, addresses socio-economic and gender issues, helps reduce inequalities and poverty, and encourages sustainable development for evolving a resurgent world society.
Shruti Foundation is now facilitating its operative branches in South Africa and United Kingdom which will be launched in 2011.
NEIV-New Enterprising Indigenous Vision
NEIV is the New Enterprising Indigenous Vision initiative by Shruti Foundation for Education, research and sustainable development, which brings educators, thinkers, youth and women forward in experimentation, innovation and socio-economic empowerment initiatives, creating synergies between the privileged and non- privileged.
The NEIV program seeks to develop vision, knowledge and leadership capabilities in women and youth, and works towards this goal by nurturing groups in multifaceted ways. The program is interactive, dynamic and is the bridging mechanism between the complementary projects of the foundation. NEIV workers benefit by being exposed to traditional knowledge systems, and also gain experience in teamwork, event organization, leadership skills and networking methodologies through their involvement in the activities of the foundation.
Projects And Offerings of Shruti Foundation
EDUCATION, WOMEN And YOUTH
BACHPAN BONDING GLOBAL SCHOOL PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM
An integrative socio-cultural international exchange project for empowering the village and the urban child (under the NEIV initiative of Shruti Foundation):
SF’s Bachpan Bonding project seeks to connect the learnings and talents of children and youth (between the ages of 8 - 18) across the rural-urban canvas and across cultures and countries in order to generate confidence, cultural connectivity and social enrichment for children across cultures, through exchange programs between children/youth. This program began its journey in 2010.
WORLD WOMEN And WELLNESS PROJECT
The central objective of the “Women for Wellness” skills training initiative of WWW is to empower the girl child and the woman from disadvantaged backgrounds, by facilitating training in wellness skills through specialised skills training centres, especially from Traditional knowledge Systems (TKS) for herself, her family and society.
Some plans for Skills training in TKS are:
- Nada Empowerment: Sonic and Vibrational healing systems from India and other parts of the world for wellness, control of mind and cure of disease
- Knowledge and application of Ayurveda healthcare systems and products
- Yoga- methods of breath control, understanding body centres and working with Asanas for mind and body wellness
- Unani medicine – An ancient science of medicine made of natural substances for strengthening the mind and body as well the cure of disease.
- Nursing – Traditional and modern ways of effective care of individuals during and after treatment of challenging health conditions and treatment.
The project would also provide –
- Teacher training in wellness skills,
- Training in two languages,
- Computer training for outreach, communication, designing and marketing skills.
These will integrally empower girls and women for personal wellness and economic empowerment through the skills learnt and the holistic pedagogy adopted at the World, Woman and Wellness centres.
SHAKTI TO SHAKTI
Women’s empowerment program:
- Empowering the girl child through exchange and training programs
- Teacher training in traditional knowledge systems, crafts and healthcare.
- Encouragement of Village Craft
- Inspirational publications for guidance and empowerment of Women
TEACHER/FACULTY TRAINING AND SKILLS TRAINING
The foundation’s Teacher Training and Skills Training Workshops are enhanced with course material and/or interactive tool kits for effective course application as well as individual and socio-economic empowerment.
- Integral Education Workshops
- Training in Indigenous Healthcare
- Environmental Sciences
- Inner Sciences and Psychology
- Self Empowerment and Leadership Training Workshops
- Ethics and Values
- Traditional Science and Technology
WE-ASC WORLD EDUCATION CULTURE CONGRESS, 12TH-15TH JANUARY 2011
The Congress series on World Education through the Arts, Sciences & “Culture” is designed broadly with a two-pronged strategy:
1) To revisit representation, application and infusion of cultural knowledge and cultural dissemination systems in modern education, and indeed their symbiotic relations in the development of practical solutions for skills training, sustainable development as well as individual and collective empowerment of women, children and youth.
2) To examine, evaluate and influence the evolving culture of education and education design by refocusing and reengineering educational pedagogy as well as educational and cultural policy, with the ultimate objective of deep systemic change.
Development and introduction of new curriculums and courses into mainstream and parallel educational institutions for greater awareness and modern applications of traditional and cultural knowledge, in primary and higher education sectors. Examples: Psychology and Consciousness Studies, Traditional Health-care and Wellness, Music appreciation and so on.
FILM AND MEDIA
Audio Visual Training courses for Youth, Shrutinada films- educational and inspirational films by SF, Video Documentation of Native narratives, sciences and technologies through multi-dimensional research and field surveys.
SANSKRIT AND NATIVE LANGUAGE INITIATIVE
- Spoken Sanskrit along with Interactive Tool Kit Development
- Sanskrit Digital dictionary of Seed Words
- Science in Native languages
HEALTHCARE AND ENVIRONMENT
PARTICIPATORY RESEARCH, EXPERIMENTATION, EDUCATION/TRAINING, SERVICES, PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
SF seeks to experiment, create and promote innovative technologies based on synergies between Traditional and modern Knowledge, as well as artistic, cultural and scientific paradigms for personal and community health by:
- Offering non-invasive and eco-friendly environmental solutions for individuals and world communities.
- Facilitating collaborative research and global action in health-care and wellness.
1) WORLD WOMEN AND WELLNESS PROJECT ( see above)
2) TRAINING IN SONIC AND YOGIC HEALTH CARE:
A series of workshops will teach us how vibratory and sonic sciences and arts effect the sensory, emotional and mental being. Some of the features of these workshops are:
Nada (Vibrational) Healing
Beeja Mantra (Seed Sound)Workshops
Teacher Training in Yogic and Mantric Sciences
Certificate Courses in Indic Traditional Health Care Systems
Intensive Yogic Training Courses
Private Health Consultancy
The workshops also explore traditional medicinal arts and sciences of form, breath, use of light and colour as well as aromatic applications for the cure of the mind and body at physiological, mental and psychological levels.
3) Participatory Research With Arts /Cultural, Medical / Scientific As Well As Policy Making Bodies:
The purpose of this experimental program will be to facilitate interdisciplinary research and experimentation between musical systems, indigenous medical and healing traditions and technologies from different cultures, tribal arts and sciences, meditational -physical healing practices, such as various yogas, ayurveda, zen, vaastu, feng-shui, reiki and their collaboration with modern medical sciences. The purpose is to evolve inter-cultural, holistically effective systems for mainstream health-care and wellness through greater knowledge, understanding and application of healing systems and methodologies from various parts of the world.
4) COMMON MAN’S WATER FILTER TRAINING
Shruti Foundation commenced its “Common Man’s Water Filter” training workshops (made on the basis of traditional wisdom and scientifically accredited) in March, 2008, and has been making, teaching and making available these eco friendly filters for the benefit of lower economic groups and institutions. This is part of the NEIV initiative of Shruti Foundation.
Some Activities of Shruti Foundation Since Inception
- BACHPAN BONDING Global Partnership Project (2010): An integrative socio-cultural international exchange project for empowering the village and the urban child, under the NEIV (New Enterprising Indigenous Vision) initiative of Shruti Foundation.
- WE-ASC World Education Culture Congress 2011, the congress involving about 40 countires. The movement was initiated in September 2009, for a multi-nation congress series with the first Congress from January 12-15, 2011. The following WE-ASC Congresses in 2012 and 2013 will be in South Africa and UK respectively.
- Rural empowerment and environment conservation training through the NEIV program since 2006.
- Shruti Foundation International Lecture Series, launched in April 2009 at Trinity College, Dublin, follwed by International lectures at lady Shri Ram Collge, New Delhi, Queens University Belfast and
- World Congress on Psychology and Spirituality, January 2008 in New Delhi with 40 countries, 500 delegates
- Launch of SUTRA journal- January 2008
- Workshops and in Healing Sciences (2006-2008)
- Spoken Sanskrit Workshops, 2007
- Curriculums on Indic Psychology, Consciousness, Management, Ethics and Human Resource Development for Universities 2006-08
- Indic Psychology and Consciousness Studies- 14 week certificate course for Lady Shri Ram college, Delhi University
- Traditional Wisdom lectures-2006-2007
- Certificate Course - Teaching Methodology with Music and Sonic Arts- JMC, Delhi University 2007-2008
- Common Man’s water filter creation workshops with rural youth and institutions in 2008 (a NEIV program)
- Teacher Training initiation at Bijnore, UP with Village Teachers (NEIV program)
- Organic Creativity Workshops with Village Youth in February 2007(NEIV Program)
- Donation of Educational materials to Slum Schools in 2007-2008
- Presentations at the Human Empowerment Conference, Dallas, 2006.
- Four day course on Self Empowerment and Healing with Life Positive Foundation at Nainital in 2007
- Digital Film/documentary production - Shrutinada inspirational/educational Films.
SUPPORT: All donations for the initiatives of Shruti Foundation may be made by cheque or demand draft in favour of SHRUTI FOUNDATION
Contact: Shruti Foundation | 206 Southex Plaza | 389 Masjid Moth | South Extension Part II | New Delhi 110049 | Phone: +91 11 26252532 | 26259209 |
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org