About Shruti Foundation
Shruti Foundation (SF) is a non-profit organization, registered under Sections 12A and 80G of the income tax act, and works towards human empowerment and sustainable development. It was envisioned and founded by a team, whose experiences of traditional knowledge, education, artistic sciences and health care deeply influenced the SF vision. It was concerned about the state of education, gender issues and health care in India and other parts of the world, which often lacked inclusiveness and holism in their perspectives. The foundation’s vision and efforts are in response to the unrest and seeking in society, to a need for empowerment through sustainable living systems and developmental paradigms. The overall purpose of Shruti Foundation is to facilitate research, education and empowerment through skills training and applications in modern and traditional systems, arts, sciences, psychological and spiritual systems for greater empowerment of individuals, communities and societies, especially women, youth and children.
Facets of Shruti Foundation’s Action:
Ramgarh Village Revival Initiative - A heritage restoration, envirionment conservation, sanitation and village development project at Shekhawati, Rajasthan
Vedaaranya Heritage Arts and Healing Festival 2016- A unprecedented festival for advocacy, learning and celebration of Heritage Arts, carfts, sciences, technologies, sports with lectures, master classes, performances, lec-dems, workshops and celebratory events from 2nd to 4th December 2016 at Ramgarh Shekhawati, Rajasthan
S anitation under the PM's Swachh Bharat Initiative
Research, Experimentation, Education and Application of Indigenous knowledge Systems
Skills training for socio-economic empowerment,
Global Cultural connectivity
Wellness Programs. and healing Retreats
WE-ASC World Education Culture Congresses (www.we-asc.org)
The foundation has been experimenting, documenting and disseminating traditional, cultural and scientific knowledge through a wide range of educational, cultural and health/wellness projects for facilitating global empowerment and peace, as well as providing relief to the poorer and empowering women and other disadvantaged sections of society, particularly through its ramgarh Village Revival Initiative at ramgarh shekhawati, Rajasthan.. This empowers the underprivileged, women and youth, addresses socio-economic and gender issues, helps reduce inequalities and poverty, and encourages learning, training and sustainable development for evolving a innovative, creative and resurgent world society.
PROJECTS AND OFFERINGS OF SHRUTI FOUNDATION
VEDAARANYA ARTS AND HEALING FESTIVAL, DECEMVER 2-4, 2016 (http://www.shrutifoundation.org/images/18/Vedaaranya%20Festival%20brochure%20low%20res.pdf)
RAMGARH VILLAGE REVIVAL INITIATIVE
VEDAARANYA HERITAGE AND TOURISM DEVELOPMENT PROJECT In COLLABORATION WITH GOVT. OF RAJASTHAN
MANAGEMENT WORKSHOPS: Upanishads for Self Management and Leadership (Click here for details )
EACHER/FACULTY TRAINING AND SKILLS TRAINING
The foundation’s Teacher Training and Skills Training Workshops are enhanced with course material and/or interactive tool kits for effective course application as well as individual and socio-economic empowerment.
- Integral Education Workshops
- Training in Indigenous Healthcare
- Environmental Sciences
- Inner Sciences and Psychology
- Self Empowerment and Leadership Training Workshops
- Ethics and Values
- Traditional Science and Technology
WE-ASC WORLD EDUCATION CULTURE CONGRESS, 2011-2015
The Congress series on World Education through the Arts, Sciences & “Culture” is designed broadly with a two-pronged strategy:
To revisit representation, application and infusion of cultural knowledge and cultural dissemination systems in modern education, and indeed their symbiotic relations in the development of practical solutions for skills training, sustainable development as well as individual and collective empowerment of women, children and youth.
To examine, evaluate and influence the evolving culture of education and education design by refocusing and reengineering educational pedagogy as well as educational and cultural policy, with the ultimate objective of deep systemic change.
Development and introduction of new curriculums and courses into mainstream and parallel educational institutions for greater awareness and modern applications of traditional and cultural knowledge, in primary and higher education sectors. Examples: Psychology and Consciousness Studies, Traditional Health-care and Wellness, Music appreciation and so on.
FILM AND MEDIA
Audio Visual Training courses for Youth, Shrutinada films- educational and inspirational films by SF, Video Documentation of Native narratives, sciences and technologies through multi-dimensional research and field surveys.
SANSKRIT AND NATIVE LANGUAGE INITIATIVE
- Spoken Sanskrit along with Interactive Tool Kit Development
- Sanskrit Digital dictionary of Seed Words
- Science in Native languages
HEALTHCARE AND ENVIRONMENT: PARTICIPATORY RESEARCH, EXPERIMENTATION, EDUCATION/TRAINING, SERVICES, PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
SF seeks to experiment, create and promote innovative technologies based on synergies between Traditional and modern Knowledge, as well as artistic, cultural and scientific paradigms for personal and community health by:
- Offering non-invasive and eco-friendly environmental solutions for individuals and world communities.
- Facilitating collaborative research and global action in health-care and wellness.
TRAINING IN NADA (SOUND), VIBRATIONAL AND YOGIC HEALTH CARE:
A series of workshops will teach us how vibratory and sonic sciences and arts effect the sensory, emotional and mental being. Some of the features of these workshops are:
Nada (Vibrational) Healing
Beeja Mantra (Seed Sound)Workshops
Teacher Training in Yogic and Mantric Sciences
Certificate Courses in Indic Traditional Health Care Systems
Intensive Yogic Training Courses
Private Health Consultancy
The workshops also explore traditional medicinal arts and sciences of form, breath, use of light and colour as well as aromatic applications for the cure of the mind and body at physiological, mental and psychological levels.
BACHPAN BONDING GLOBAL SCHOOL PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM
An integrative socio-cultural international exchange project for empowering the village and the urban child (under the NEIV initiative of Shruti Foundation):
SF’s Bachpan Bonding project seeks to connect the learnings and talents of children and youth (between the ages of 8 - 18) across the rural-urban canvas and across cultures and countries in order to generate confidence, cultural connectivity and social enrichment for children across cultures, through exchange programs between children/youth. This program began its journey in 2010.
3) Participatory Research With Arts /Cultural, Medical / Scientific As Well As Policy Making Bodies:
The purpose of this experimental program will be to facilitate interdisciplinary research and experimentation between musical systems, indigenous medical and healing traditions and technologies from different cultures, tribal arts and sciences, meditational -physical healing practices, such as various yogas, ayurveda, zen, vaastu, feng-shui, reiki and their collaboration with modern medical sciences. The purpose is to evolve inter-cultural, holistically effective systems for mainstream health-care and wellness through greater knowledge, understanding and application of healing systems and methodologies from various parts of the world.
4) COMMON MAN’S WATER FILTER TRAINING
Shruti Foundation commenced its “Common Man’s Water Filter” training workshops (made on the basis of traditional wisdom and scientifically accredited) in March, 2008, and has been making, teaching and making available these eco friendly filters for the benefit of lower economic groups and institutions. This is part of the NEIV initiative of Shruti Foundation.
Some Activities of Shruti Foundation Since Inception
- BACHPAN BONDING Global Partnership Project (2010): An integrative socio-cultural international exchange project for empowering the village and the urban child, under the NEIV (New Enterprising Indigenous Vision) initiative of Shruti Foundation.
- WE-ASC World Education Culture Congress 2011, the congress involving about 40 countires. The movement was initiated in September 2009, for a multi-nation congress series with the first Congress from January 12-15, 2011. The following WE-ASC Congresses in 2012 and 2013 will be in South Africa and UK respectively.
- Rural empowerment and environment conservation training through the NEIV program since 2006.
- Shruti Foundation International Lecture Series, launched in April 2009 at Trinity College, Dublin, follwed by International lectures at lady Shri Ram Collge, New Delhi, Queens University Belfast and
- World Congress on Psychology and Spirituality, January 2008 in New Delhi with 40 countries, 500 delegates
- Launch of SUTRA journal- January 2008
- Workshops and in Healing Sciences (2006-2008)
- Spoken Sanskrit Workshops, 2007
- Curriculums on Indic Psychology, Consciousness, Management, Ethics and Human Resource Development for Universities 2006-08
- Indic Psychology and Consciousness Studies- 14 week certificate course for Lady Shri Ram college, Delhi University
- Traditional Wisdom lectures-2006-2007
- Certificate Course - Teaching Methodology with Music and Sonic Arts- JMC, Delhi University 2007-2008
- Common Man’s water filter creation workshops with rural youth and institutions in 2008 (a NEIV program)
- Teacher Training initiation at Bijnore, UP with Village Teachers (NEIV program)
- Organic Creativity Workshops with Village Youth in February 2007(NEIV Program)
- Donation of Educational materials to Slum Schools in 2007-2008
- Presentations at the Human Empowerment Conference, Dallas, 2006.
- Four day course on Self Empowerment and Healing with Life Positive Foundation at Nainital in 2007
- Digital Film/documentary production - Shrutinada inspirational/educational Films.
SUPPORT: All donations for the initiatives of Shruti Foundation may be made by cheque or demand draft in favour of SHRUTI FOUNDATION
Contact: Shruti Foundation | 102/45 Silver Oaks, DLF City 1, Gurgaon 122002, Phone: +91 124 4051107, +91 124 4235684| Mobile: +91 9810078925
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com